• Reduces fading of carpets, upholstery, and interior furnishings
• Rejects from 98-99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays
• Reduces your energy bill thereby helping to keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
• Increases your comfort by helping to eliminate “hot spots”
• Rejects up to 80% of the sun’s solar energy
• Reduces the sun’s glare
• Increases your level of privacy
• Enhances the appearance of a building by creating a uniform appearance
• Provides improved safety when glass is broken
Fading is a complex issue. Each and every material will fade at different rates from exposure to ultraviolet radiation as well as other contributing factors. An example of this is the different color dyes in fabrics. Red and green colors tend to fade faster the other colors.
Factors that cause fading include:
• 40% of all fading is caused by UV Radiation (Window Films reject up to 98% of UV rays)
• 25% of fading is caused by heat (Window Films reject up to 77% of the sun’s heat)
• 25% of fading is caused by visible light (Window Films help reduce the glare and brightness)
• 10% of fading is caused by a variety of factors including artificial light, fabric dyes, age of the fabrics and the humidity in your home or office.
Most window films have a scratch resistant coating on the outside surface of the film. This scratch resistant coating is used to protect the film from normal wear and tear. However, care and caution must still be used in cleaning the surface of the glass on which film has been applied to reduce possible damage:
1. Use any normal household glass cleaning solutions or plain soapy water.
2. Do not use any solution that contains abrasive material, such as baking soda, Comet, Softscrub, etc. Also, do not use anything sharp such a razor blades or scrubbing pads.
3. Use soft clean lint-free towels or synthetic sponges to apply cleaning solutions.
4. Use a soft cloth or soft rubber squeegee for drying the glass. Care must be taken when using a squeegee, as to not gouge the film with any sharp metal edges.
While most window film companies use scratch-resistant films, you should ask to make sure. If a company has an extra charge for a scratch-resistant film, you may wish to contact a few more companies for quotes. With today’s technology, scratch-resistant films are considered standard.
Yes, Kansas city window film will definitely help improve the comfort of your home or business.
The biggest problem in controlling comfort in homes and businesses is dealing with the radiant heat from the sun. The energy generated by the sun literally pours through windows and is absorbed by all it touches. The greater the glass area of a home or building, the more the potential for excessive radiant heat gain.
One of the most outstanding characteristics of solar control window film is its ability to regulate or control the amount of solar energy that passes through the glass.
Your window tinting professional should be able to assist you in choosing the right window film to help with your comfort needs.
Residential service available at this location
Commercial service available at this location
Security service available at this location
Automotive service is available at this location